Welcome to Tucson Cancer Conquerors
Tucson Cancer Conquerors is an all-volunteer, non-profit support group dedicated to empowering cancer survivors and the communities that support them to achieve optimal wellness. We offer a unique peer support environment along with creative wellness programs designed to educate, inspire, and encourage cancer survivors to be proactive about their health both during and after cancer diagnosis and treatment. Our group is run by cancer survivors and our supporters, so we understand first hand the physical and emotional challenges associated with a cancer diagnosis. With a focus on exercise, nutrition, education, and support, we are here to help you successfully navigate the journey that lies ahead. You are not alone. We have your back.
TCC and COVID-19
Important updates and schedule changes - as of January 15, 2021
Hello Cancer Conquerors!
TO REGISTER FOR COVID-19 VACCINE FIRST DOSE FOR GROUP 1B (75 YRS AGE) PLEASE ACCESS PIMA COUNTY’S WEBSITE (ACTIVE AS OF 1.14.21 @ 9AM) AND DO THE FOLLOWING:
- ONCE AT WEBSITE, LOCATE FAR RIGHT SCREEN AND CLICK ON COVID VACCINE LINK, IT WILL TAKE YOU TO A NEW PAGE;
- CLICK ON REGISTRATION FOR PRIORITY PHASE 1B , IT WILL TAKE YOU TO ANOTHER PAGE;
- AT THE BOTTOM FIND LINK “AGE 75 AND OLDER” NOTE: (YOU CAN ALSO ACCESS INFORMATIONAL HOT LINKS ABOUT THE VACCINE AT THIS LOCATION) YOU WILL THEN BE TAKEN TO THE REGISTRATION SITE;
- ONCE AT REGISTRATION SITE, YOU WILL BE GIVEN SITE PREFERENCES FOR MAKING AN APPOINTMENT AT:
- BANNER LOCATION:
- YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO REGISTRATION SITE FOR BANNER, YOU WILL BE PROVIDED A DATE AND TIME AND LOCATION WHERE YOU NEED TO GO; PRINT OUT THE INSTRUCTIONS SO YOU HAVE ALL REQUIREMENTS WITH YOU AT THE TIME OF YOUR ASSIGNED APPOINTMENT.
- BANNER LOCATION:
- FOR TMC LOCATION: -YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO A REGISTRATION SITE TO CREATE A “MY-CHART” RECORD FOR YOURSELF; NAVIGATE THROUGH INSTRUCTIONS AND FILL OUT ACCORDINGLY. ONCE COMPLETED, THE TMC SYSTEM WILL AUTO GENERATE AN AUTHENTICATION CODE THAT WILL BE SENT THE EMAIL YOU REGISTERED WITH, YOU WILL NEED THIS TO GO BACK INTO THE SYSTEM TO REGISTER FOR YOUR PREFERRED TIME AND DATE. NOTE: AT THE TIME YOU REGISTER FOR YOUR FIRST DOSE, MY CHART WILL AUTOMATICALLY PROVIDE YOU WITH A 2ND DOSE VACCINE APPOINTMENT. PLEASE PRINT OUT YOUR CONFIRMATION (THERE IS A PRINT ACTION BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN). YOU WILL CHOOSE WHETER OR NOT YOU WANT TO WALK IN OR DRIVE THROUGH.
UPCOMING ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS THAT WILL BE ADDED:
- JAN 18TH – TUCSON CONVENTION CENTER
- JAN 20TH – UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA CAMPUS
NOTE: IF YOU REGULARLY TAKE ASPIRIN, ACETAMINOPHEN (TYLENOL) AND IBUPROFEN (E.G. MOTRIN, ADVIL) FOR ANY OTHER MEDICAL CONDITIONS, CONTINUE TO DO SO AS DIRECTED BY YOUR PHYSICIAN OTHERWISE DO NOT PRE-MEDICATE. TAKING OVER-THE-COUNTER MEDICATIONS BEFORE RECEIVING A VACCINE MAY REDUCE ITS ABILITY TO WORK AND BLUNT YOUR IMMUNE RESPONSE TO THE VACCINE. AFTER THE VACCINATION, DON’T HESITATE TO TAKE AN OVER-THE-COUNTER MEDICATION IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS THAT MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE.
Enjoy a safe an healthy Holiday Season and we will see you all soon!
Liz Almli, MD
President, Tucson Cancer Conquerors