About Tucson Cancer Conquerors, Inc.
~ Empowering Cancer Survivors and the Communities that Support them to Achieve Optimal Wellness ~
Tucson Cancer Conquerors, Inc., (TCC), is a 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to provide social activities and support to those affected by cancer, or caring for someone with cancer, by offering them wellness and wholeness for the journey.
All of the programs are available to anyone wishing to participate and are intended to be affordable and accessible to those interested in participating. The activities are intended to be self-supported; however, TCC will offset costs whenever possible, in the event of a member's financial hardship.
Our activities include but are not limited to:
- Presentations or outings focused on improving self-esteem for those dealing with the changes cancer treatment can create.
- Matching members to provide to opportunities for discussions with those who have had similar experiences or treatments.
- Social activities and networking opportunities.
- Physical activities and exercise programs.
Executive Board Members
Liz Almli - President
Lana Holstein - Vice President
Debbie Davis - Treasurer
Sherry Evans - Secretary
Mary Specio-Boyer - Executive Director
Advisory Board Members
Ken Harvey : Executive Chef, Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, TCC Garden
Dawn Messer OD MPH : Founder of Mindful Meandering, Master Gardener, TCC Garden
Pandora Larsen CPT : Lifestyle Director at Highlands at Dove Mountain, TCC Fitness Team
Leona Downey MD : Breast Oncologist, TCC Fitness Team - Yoga
Rocky LaRose: Retired AD University of Arizona, TCC Photographer
Tucson Cancer Conqueror Board Committees
Liz Almli MD : Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer
- Fitness: Kristin Linne, Certified Personal Trainer: Schedule coordination of fitness instructors, teach classes. Ordering and maintenance of equipment. Outreach to new, and retention of current, class members. Fitness related adventures.
- Gardening: Mary Anderson and Diane Colman-Fields: Planning and coordination of garden committee members to plant, tend, and harvest our organic garden.
- Mindful Meandering: Dawn Hull Messer: Mindful walks focused on gratitude and Stress management
- Second Sunday Hikes: Deb Heilig: Guided Hikes through Tucson’s many beautiful trials.
- Loop Walkers: Tori Stypula: Saturday morning walking group along the River park loop.
Get Social Committee
Chair: Pam Chess
- Social Events: Lunches, Dinners, Holiday Party, Happy Hour
- Yearly Retreat
- Community Participation: Walks, booths at events
- Celebration Committee: Ginny Spencer: Birthday celebrations and special events
- Coffee Café: Marylou Martinez.
- Saturday Snacks Coordination
- Jenny Waters: Snack assignments
- Nancy Pearson: Recycling
Get Support Committee
Chair: Lana Holstein
- Resource Center: Sarah Schulman: Book library, book groupies
- Community Outreach: Melinda Aragon: pamphlets distribution
- Education: Cathy Pensak : Programming and evaluation
- Member Support: Ambre Cole / Cathy Pensak : Caring Baskets and Chemo Bags
- Environmental: Jean Thomas: Building safety and cleanliness
- Memorial Tiles: Pam Chess
- New Member Ambassadors : Gila Ben-Jamin, Loretta Hall: Guides for new members, Welcome bags
- Website, Newsletter, Social Media
- High Tea; Ticket sales and auction/raffle payment processing
Sherry Evans / Kristin Linne
- Pima County Liaison: logistics and scheduling for events
- Printed materials: Letterhead, thank you notes, pamphlets, donor letters
- Member Data: Maintenance of class rosters, releases, fees
- County Report : Annual
- 501c3 non-profit compliance
- Liability Policy
Terie Tutt / Nancy Vornholt
- Social Media
- Donor Recognition/ Appreciation
Fundraising / High Tea: Liz Almli
- Deb Heilig: IT On-Line Registration / Event Check-in / Out
- Jennifer Schmidt: Volunteers
- Carole Wymer: Auction
- Pam Chess / Lindi Laws : Raffle
Sponsors and Supporters of Tucson Cancer Conquerors
We would like to thank our Sponsors and Supporters for allowing TCC to make our programs and activities available to the Tucson community!
Healthy Skin at Sheftel Associates Dermatology
Hess and Sandeen Plastic Surgery
Kayla Boyer DVM, Speedway Veterinary Hospital
Pima County Parks and Recreation Department
Rocky DiChristofano, Tucson Subaru
Reggie Smith, Westwind Seeds & Gardenscapes LLC
Tank's Green Stuff, 100% Organic Compost
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or supporter of TCC, please email your contact information to email@example.com or call 520-505-1406 and leave a voice mail message. A member of the TCC Board of Directors will contact you as soon as possible to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
If you would like to make an individual donation, please visit the Support TCC page of our website.