Healthy Living Resources
These links are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute professional advice on any subject matter. The links lead to other websites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. The links are provided solely as a convenience to you, and the presence of a link does not imply a responsibility for the linked site or an endorsement of the linked site, its operator, or its contents.
Healthy Living Recipes
- American Institute for Cancer Research Healthy Recipe Collection
- Collard Wraps with Raw Sunflower Pate
- Massaged Kale Salad
- Orzo Salad with Zucchini and Feta Cheese
- Roasted Broccoli with Cherry Tomatoes
- Sauteed Swiss Chard with Onions
- Swiss Chard Lasagna
- Swiss Chard Tart
- Easiest Garlic Bread Ever
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Quick and Easy Green Beans
- Cold Green Bean Salad
- Baked Blooming Onion
- Sauteed Kale
- 30 Amazing Zucchini Recipes
- Kickin' Collard Greens
- Baby Spinach, Avocado, and Pumpkin Seed Salad
- Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Cauliflower Rice
- Smashed Pea Bruschetta with Avocado and Pickled Radish
Healthy Living Tools
- Free Guided Meditations - These eight guided meditation audio files are provided by the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center.
- Cancer Prevention Tips: 30 Day Planner - These daily tips to gradually help you make changes to move more and eat smarter are provided by the American Institute for Cancer Research.
Healthy Living Information
- American Cancer Society Healthy Living Newsletter - Sign-up for a monthly newsletter with tips anyone can use on eating right, staying active, and other steps you can take to help reduce your cancer risk.
- Reduce Your Cancer Risk - A short video to show how foods, exercise, and weight play a role in 17 common cancers. This information was originally posted by the American Institute for Cancer Research.
- Diet and Physical Activity: What’s the Cancer Connection? - Learn more about how daily habits like diet and exercise affect your risk for cancer. This information was originally posted by the American Cancer Society.
- Sleep, Stress Management and Cancer Prevention - An article by Dr. Margaret I. Cuomo about the importance of adequate sleep and stress management in helping to prevent cancer. This article was originally posted the Huffington Post.
- Pharmacogenetics Made Easy - Pharmacogenetics is the study of inherited genetic differences in drug metabolic pathways which can affect individual responses to drugs, both in terms of therapeutic effect as well as adverse effects. This video provides an easy to understand review of how it works and how it may benefit you and your treatment.
- Food Safety Resource Guide - Learn about important information regarding food safety measures to practice within the home, what contaminants are prevalent, and links to food safety authorities.